Wednesday, May 9, 2007

SP10 and other crafty stuff

I have not made any crafty stuff in several weeks. My FIL and hubby are both in the hospital and it has kept us (me & MIL) both very busy.

These are a few of the things that are going to be in my SP10 package going out this weekend. This is her big big package and I hope she likes it! I have tried to write to her at least every two weeks and have sent two presents so far. One was a subscription to Adorn magazine and the other was full of all sorts of cute sheep. This does not includes the emails, e-cards, puzzles, and games as well.

This package is going to be of yarn, books, hand made items, and a few other surprises. A pink/black/white row counter bracelet, (blue/grey) DPN holder that can hold up to 3-4 #6 needles, and a (mouse/yellow) DPN holder that can hold four #0-#2 needles or a single DPN.

I really like how the dpn holders came out and am going to be experimenting a bit on them for color and diversity.

The SP10 swap seems to be going well on its own, but to be honest I thought there was going to be more participation as a whole too. I thought there were going to be projects, themes, challenges by the 'hosts'. This is becoming just a long long swap.

I think one swap host out of the eight had a contest going. The rest have been quiet. My own SP10 partner has written me three times since March. Believe me I know that RL can creep up on you and throw you a bunch of curve balls, I had just hoped for something more... ::ponders:: more involved. Its hard to make a new friend when you never hear from them.

~Wierdlings

No comments: