Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Resolutions?

Let see... what am I going to promise myself?

Get Healthy!  Not necessarily a diet, but beginning with eating more than my one meal a day.  Taking a walk twice a week, even if that is included with my letterboxing (which I am going to start as well.)

Knit from my stash every other month.  Yes, I know its not perfect, but it will curb my instant obsessiveness when looking at yarn and thinking I have to get it now!  Granted current sock clubs do not count, but yes, I will cancel/not renew them until I can really really afford them.  January is 'knit from your stash' month for me. ::wince and cry::

Save money!  Working with a realistic budget, we have planned to pay regular bills, pay towards my student loan, and still give ourselves some 'mad' money which each may spend during the month guilt free.  If all goes to plan, then we will have enough by the middle of the year to plan a very nice vacation for our anniversary.

Blog more!  I promise myself to blog at least 3-4 times a week, even if its nothing more than dropping in to say hello or posting a picture of the kids aka cats.

Read more!  I shall set my reading goal to 200 books this year vs the easy 50 book goal I had last year.

Finally, work harder at work and work harder at play!

That is enough for right now, though once I have it started, I may be able to fit in even more on my calendar.  ::grin::

Happy New Year to you all!

~Wierdlings

No comments: