Sunday, January 20, 2008

Black Cherry Peekaboo Mittens

YEAH! I finished my second pair of Peekaboo mittens as well as designed the double stitch cherries on top! I also had to edit the Peekaboo Mittens pattern from MagKnits.com to better fit my hand and silly artificial nails. Using the regular pattern to follow, I simply increased a few rows in the Base of the Hand as well as the Mitten top. So to abbreviate it a bit.

Base of hand:
Work even for 12 rows to about 0.5" [1 cm] below top of palm. On last rnd, place finger markers as follows: K 24 (27), pm, k12 (16), pm, k to end.

Work the finger opening the same as the pattern.

Mitten top:
Work 10 rows removing finger markers in process. Distribute sts evenly on 4 needles.
Then start the decreasing for the mitten top.

Using Cascade 220 Black for the mitten, I then graphed the cherries I wanted to double stitch onto the fabric. With a white piece of yarn I ran a guideline to help me coorodinate the placement of the design. Wallah! Black Cherry Peekaboo Mittens!



















1 comment:

Kathy said...

Wow, those are great! I love 'em-love'em-love'em!!!!!
Hey, have you finished the new Kitty!!!????